June 20th, marked the first *official* day of summer and the start to a whole new slew of beach trips, 3-day weekends, short shorts, and island inspired acai bowls. To honor summer solstice, the fiery heat of our favorite season and our love for the months that follow, we’ve rounded up a few of the items we’ll be eating, drinking, doing, reading, wearing, and otherwise enjoying so that you can enjoy them too.
21 SUMMER OF SELF-LOVE ESSENTIALS
1. Plenty of green juices and green smoothies because #health.
2. SPF! A high quality preferably organic and non-toxic sunscreen that you can wear everyday is a MUST. We like this kind by Badger. Hint: Add a few drops of coconut or argan oil to your sunscreen to help spread it out. This dilutes it a bit but without the oil it goes on kind of patchy.
3. A long-weekend getaway with your girl-gang to destination Korakia or your local bohemian hideaway.
4. A stack of captivating beach reads.
5. Frozen desserts. We can’t help but repeat ourselves once again about our (vegan) ice cream obsession. We willbe consuming our bodyweight in this and this, guaranteed. #notsorry
6. A fantastic pair of sunglasses. To keep our peepers safe from harmful UV rays we’ll be sporting these, these, or a combination like these.
7. Hydration is key (especially in the summer). Let this water bottle serve as a fashionable and functional reminder to up your h2o intake.
8. Confidence; also key. Because nothing (including her seemingly perfect hair, ridiculous “beach bod”, and insanely amazing summer wardrobe), should inhibit you from seeing, owning, and rocking YOUR own perfection.
9. This. It only seems non-essential until it’s mid-July and you’re nearing the end of a Saturday afternoon sweatfest aka yoga class.
10. Classic denim shorts. We live in these from June - August.
11. An extremely skimpy bikini like this one to show off that steamy summer bod.
12. An eco-chic summer satchel to carry all your farm fresh produce.
13. A big a$$ towel because lying poolside and 9-5 beach days are of utmost importance.
14. An epic summer soundtrack for those aforementioned beach days. May we recommend the classic A) Lemonade and B) more Beyonce.
15. Coconut oil (obviously). A year-round essential for silky smooth skin and virtually everything else.
16. Also on that note, coconut water. Preferably straight from a coconut.
17. For all the amazing summer cookouts you’ll be attending you’re going to need a killer guacamole recipe. This one is ridiculously good.
18. A good waterproof mascara so you come back from the beach looking like a bronzed goddess not a racoon.
19. Chapstick with SPF so you can avoid incidences like this.
20. Rosewater mist for a hydrating mid-day summer refresh.
21. Cute and comfortable sneakers like these because as wonderful as it would be to spend your entire summer laying beachside with a popsicle in one hand and your iPhone in the other, enjoying nature (phone-free), is one of the easiest ways to make your summer unforgettable. Grab your favorite people and get exploring.
What are your must-have summertime essentials? Leave your top three in the comment section below. And if you liked our list, spread the love! Forward this post to two of your friends and share it on social media.